We’ve seen CBS’s new fall pilots, and while they’re not for review (things often change drastically before the shows are set to premiere), we do want to share our first reactions with you.
There are four new scripted shows coming to CBS that were ready to preview, and they all proved one thing: We might not be the demo for CBS. At all. But not all were universally panned — HuffPost TV staff Maureen Ryan, Maggie Furlong, Jaimie Etkin, Chris Harnick, Alex Moaba and Leigh Weingus had plenty of varying opinions.
Here’s how we broke them down:
- Watch It - awesome show, can’t wait for more
- Skip It - it’s either horrible or just totally not their thing
- DVR It - there’s potential, will give it a second chance
Let’s take a look at “Partners” …
Jaimie Etkin: Skip It
There is a running — yes, running — heart on/hard on joke. Enough said.
Maggie Furlong: DVR It
Holy hell my colleagues really don’t like this one. Maybe I was tired when I watched (or, more likely, just emotionally beat down by all the other horrible shows in this new season’s crop), but I laughed at a few things Michael Urie’s character said, and that’s more than I can say for some other upcoming “comedies.”
- shauny220 likes this
- themelbourneattitude likes this
- finding-the-happiness reblogged this from huffposttv
- dmr25 likes this
- theravenswritingbureaus reblogged this from huffposttv and added:
- stuffaboutminneapolis likes this
- jimi-paradise reblogged this from huffposttv
- mirror-guy likes this
- huffposttv posted this